7/25/2009

+JAVANESE DANCE+


It's been two days that I practiced the Javanese Dance. Hmm.. Tiring but fun. I myself cant believe that I can dance. Yeah, I know that my steps does not so graceful as the other dancers as I never dance before. But little by little I started to catch up. Only little movements and the timing still doesnt right. And also when the movements that require me to dance a little faster. If things goes well, I'll perform at Bukit Jambul Mall this becoming Saturday, on 1st of August. The performance is to promote CONVEX. Jeez... I'm afraid I'll screw up. I still have a week to practice and looks like I have to practice everyday. Once again I said that I still cant believe myself doing this!!! Haha... I think I can make it. No2, I'll make it! Fighting!!! I've made a little research on Java Dance and of course my main source is from Wiki. Thanx to Uncle Wiki...

Javanese Dance is usually associated with Wayang Wong, and the palaces of Yogyakarta and Surakarta due to the nature of dance being a pusaka or sacred heirloom from ancestors of the palace rulers. These expressive dances are more than just dances, however; they are also used for moral education, emotional expression, and spreading the Javanese culture.

There are three basic types of Javanese dance:

  1. Beksan putra – These are the dances for men, which serve two purposes: a military close-order drill and highlighting martial skills. Dancers may learn beksan putra dances to familiarize themselves with the movements for narrative dances.
  2. Beksan putri – Putri is the Javanese word for female, and these dances include courtly dances designed for royal events with very precise movements and distinct staging with subtle layers of meaning. Such dances were often used for entertainment or courtship.
  3. Beksan wayang – These are narrative dances from epic poems, and usually are named after the characters in them, usually an alus-style hero and a gagah-style villain.
I dont know which type our dance are but what I know that my body is aching, haha... Kalo ade si dia kat sini urutkan aku kan bagus...

Charm Han Kyul

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

2 comments:

+pride+ said...

hahah...baru ko taw dance pnat x pnat ern??

Charm Han Kyul said...

memule je penat.
pastu dah biase best gle

 

Copyright @ 2013 ::Da LeGeNdArY ChArM::.